Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Chicken and the Micro-Enterprise Egg

I popped onto the CUSO International website this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see my jawline, front and centre.  Before Christmas, Giselle and Brian, a journalist and a photographer, came to Honduras to document the work of CUSO volunteers here, and do up some spiffy PR materials.

We cruised around the countryside, bouncing along dusty roads, and looking for photo-ops.  On the second day I insisted that I could only be interviewed in situations where I was not driving.  Driving in Honduras is a skill. It takes tremendous nerve and concentration to avoid the pot-holes and on-coming traffic that are passing on curves, and shear drop-off cliffs with no cement barriers.  Once we had that boundary in place,  travelling together got a lot easier, and less risky, for everyone.

 

Here's the link to the article.  My favourite is the armed guard with the eggs.  This photo was taken by Brian Atkinson as we were coming down from the future site of the chicken pens, and really illustrated that this little business will be filling a need!

Cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment