Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Condoms: for or against doctor?

We received a very thorough health briefing from a very Catholic doctor yesterday (screen saver...Mother Mary).

 
Summary: don't eat, don't drink, don't breathe, don't F-(werd)
                                                                            
 I was with him all the way, until he told us that actually, condoms don't protect against HIV/AIDS because they promote promiscuity.  I kept my mouth shut, but I was a little aggitated at him for being so irresponsible with his religious propaganda. Uhh, dude, ever heard of your duty to public health?  Probably best not to argue with the guy who might later be treating me for multitudinous tropical illnesses, from parasites to viral infections to food poisoning and beyond and who actually speaks English fluently due to his studying medicine in Canada at McGill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment